RE: How to link with third party libraries using gcc

Whether the libraries are linked dynamic or static is irrelevant here.
The Windows libraries are stored in a different object format than the
Unix and Cygwin libraries, and probably have different calling
conventions. You can't use MS-Windows libraries without the appropriate
tools, usually that means Visual Studio. Cygwin made no attempt to be
compatible at that level, likely because both the API and calling
conventions are so different.

Have you tried to use them under wine or don't you have a full
MS-Windows application built?

Bob McConnell
N2SPP