Re: cron functionality regression?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Berger"
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 9:38 AM
Subject: cron functionality regression?

| Hello,
|
| From http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2007-04/msg00319.html :
|
| > The changes (listed in /usr/share/doc/cron/CHANGES) don't appear to break
| > compatibility with 3.0.
|
| this seems to be a version of vixie cron which (contrary to the
| previous one) consistently (e.g. also in the manpage) does not (yet?,
| any more?) support crontabs in /etc/cron.d .

Yep, looks like it's gone (there is no real changelog), no idea why
(except that /etc/cron.d is not in POSIX ).
Is this regression a real problem for you (i.e. no quick workaround) or
for others? If so I could try to cut & paste it back from 3.0, or use
another cron (which one?).
In general I prefer not modifying "standard" packages.

Pierre