Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: brltty 3.8

On Jun  6 02:42, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
> > Mmm, because for a blind person this is a very basic package?
>
> Perhaps, but that doesn't mean that most Cygwin users are blind.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean that an accessibility package doesn't
make sense in the Base category.  It *might* be better to put it into
Utils, but YMMV depending on your eyesight.

Looking into the package again, I noticed two problems, though:

- There's an executable xbrlapi.exe in the package which depends on X.
  This is not noted in setup.hint.  However, No package in the Base
  category should depend on X, so that X isn't pulled in by default.

  Samuel, can you re-package brltty so that it comes in two packages,
  one brltty package which could be in Base or Utils, and another
  package called xbrlapi which is in X11 and Utils?

- cygbrlapi-0.5.dll depends on WS2_32.DLL.  Why?  Shouldn't the package
  use Cygwin's socket functions?

Corinna

Red Hat