Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: brltty 3.8

Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Mmm, because for a blind person this is a very basic package?

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean that most Cygwin users are blind.

> Are packages from the Base category automatically installed?

Yes, setup automatically selects everything in Base for installation,
which by definition forms the basic core set of packages that every user
will have installed unconditionally.  I don't think brltty should be in
this category.

Note that even if you select to uninstall a Base package in setup it
will just get re-installed again the next time you run it; there's no
way to override this.  Base really does mean the core set of packages
that are unconditionally selected.

> (Note that Ubuntu installs brltty by default too).

Yes, and Windows installs accessibility features by default too.  But
Cygwin is not an operating system and a package in Base is not an
optional thing that a user can easily uninstall, so the comparison
doesn't hold much weight in my opinion.

Brian