Re: Problem compiling cygwin-1.5.24-2

Olivier Langlois wrote:
Hi,

I kinda isolated the weird file access problem. The corruption seems to come
from the setup.exe program as if I download manually
cygwin-1.5.24-2-src.tar.bz2, unzip and untar it manually, the permissions
for all files are ok.

Greetings,
Olivier Langlois
http://www.streamtheworld.com

"Corruption" isn't quite accurate. When you download source files, setup.exe puts them in /usr/src, which is a managed mount, to insure that Windows-incompatible file names can still be preserved. If you copy files from /usr/src outside of cygwin, then the filenames will become mangled. If you use cygwin's cp to copy them, then there should be no problems unless some of the filenames are not legal Windows filenames. That's probably what was happening here.

-Lewis