Re: 1.5.24: shell commands randomly skipped

On 6/1/07, Nicolas Joyard <joyard.nicolas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

I'm having a really weird issue with the last versions of Cygwin, I
started seeing it with 1.5.21 (I didn't use every previous version,
though, but it was not happening with 1.5.10) and it is still there
with 1.5.24.
I don't know where to look to find more information about this
problem. Has anyone already seen it, or is there something else I
could do to find out more ?

This is the part where we ask you to uninstall all the invasive hooking type software you might have on your machine, such as firewalls, on-access virus scanners, content indexers, etc. Basically anything that might have to hook into the network stack or that might want to get involved every time a file is accessed. Also logitech webcam software for some bizarre reason, and all the other stuff on DaveK's list of nasty software. I seem to remember problems just like yours being caused by certain versions of Embassy Trusted Security or whatever it's called.

You have to uninstall these programs - merely disabling them isn't
enough to remove their hooks.

Lev