Re: OCaml package hasn't updated for a while (Ping unison maintainer)

On Thu, 31 May 2007, Andrew Schulman wrote:

> > One problem is that a major client of O'Caml is unison, and, because
> > of binary incompatibility, the releases of O'Caml need to be
> > coordinated with unison.  I've added a ping, and we'll see what Andrew
> > says.  I'm not familiar enough with O'Caml program dependencies to
> > know whether I can simply provide an older runtime DLL in a separate
> > package or not.  There was some discussion of this earlier -- perhaps
> > I should dig in the archives.
>
> Igor, if you mean that releasing a new OCaml would mean that I'd have to
> rebuild and rerelease all of the Unison packages, I don't have any
> objection, assuming the packages will still build without trouble.
>
> If the current Unison packages won't run with the new OCaml runtime,
> then yes, we should coordinate the releases.  Once a new OCaml compiler
> is built I can use it to rebuild Unison.
>
> I have to dig back into Unison soon anyway, because a new version is
> out.

Okay, I'll build a new version soon (probably this weekend) and post it
somewhere, so you can install it and use it to build unison.  If it works
out, ping me and we can coordinate the upload.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Freedom is just another word for "nothing left to lose"...  -- Janis Joplin