Re: Adding to a windows zip file without zip.exe

Chadwick wrote:

>> Install the 'zip' package?
>
> Unfortunatly I cannot install any new packages on these boxes at this time,
> thus using zip.exe is not an option.   I am open to the idea of extracting
> the files from the current ZIP and then rezipping them with my new files,
> but the final ZIP file created must be a standard windows ZIP file (IE
> openable by winzip)

WinZip will open gzipped and bzipped files.  But you'll have to create a tar
file and compress that.  Opening this with WinZip is a 2 step process
because WinZip wants to know if you want to untar as well as uncompress it.
But it's a minor inconvenience.  This solution falls under the category of
"extracting the files from the current ZIP and then rezipping them with my
new files".

Holliston, MA 01746