Re: missing functions

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 06:47:27AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
>According to Christopher Faylor on 5/14/2007 6:25 AM:
>>Why do we need to export *vdprintf_r at all?  Does some standard define
>>it?
>
>Does cygwin care about providing reentrant versions of functions?
>There is precedent for doing this: as an example, cygwin.din already
>exports asprintf_r.

That was probably one of many ill-conceived entries in cygwin.din, then.
If there is no POSIX or linux version of a function there is no reason
to export it.  That's one reason why we stopped performing the useless
task of exporting functions with leading underscores, although like
asprintf_r, I'm sure that a few of these have still crept in over the
years.

IMO, exporting functions like this just pollutes the namespace for very
very little gain.

cgf