Re: DualCores and Current Cygwin problems

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 10:07:20AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:54:36PM +0800, Chee Kiang Goh wrote:
> >Looking forward nevertheless to a better co-existence solution with
> >WindowXP/DualCoreCPU.  This feature had been the primary reason why I
> >stick to cygwin over the years :>
>
> FYI, there is no better coexistence solution contemplated.
>
> PTC, although, you have to wonder why we'd have to accommodate virus
> checkers or firewalls, which are supposed to be unobtrusive.

It is indeed a bit of a worry. I have just installed Cygwin and Norton
securities on a new dual-core laptop. I have seen no problems so far. Is
there anything in particular I should look for?

Brian.

> cgf
>
> --

       Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke)    b_duke@bigbond.net.au
       Post: 626 Melbourne Rd, Spotswood, VIC, 3015, Australia
 Phone 03-93992847. http://www.salter-duke.bigpondhosting.com/brian/index.htm
    Honorary Researcher Fellow, Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry, Monash Univ.