RE: xemacs -nw problem

On 08 May 2007 15:34, Andrew Walrond wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 May 2007 14:50:53 Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>>
>> I just had a chance to install cygwin on a new machine.
>> Under the default bash shell the CYGWIN environment variable is not
>> exported. In that case I can reproduce Andrews xemacs problems.
>>
>> Exporting CYGWIN=tty resolves the issues.
>>
> Almost!
>
> From the default bash shell; If I export CYGWIN=tty then in xemacs -nw the
> key sequences ctrl-x ctrl-c and ctrl-g work properly. However, when I drop
> out of xemacs, no further typing appears in the bash shell. If I type a
> command and press enter (eg ls) it works fine and I get the expected
> output. Its just that I don't see the command on the screen as I type it.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew Walrond
>
> PS What's the pupose of the CYGWIN env var?

  If you don't know about it, you can't have done even the most basic level of
RTFMing.  See

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

for full details.  Note in particular that it says that setting CYGWIN=tty is
no good if you've already started the shell, you have to set it in your
windows environment vars so that it's in effect from the word go.

    cheers,
      DaveK