RE: g++ doesn't work

On 03 May 2007 12:19, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

> * Darrell Blake (Thu, 3 May 2007 09:42:52 +0100)
>> I've removed the gnude and mingw directories from my path and now I'm
>> no longer getting the error message stating that there are multiple
>> dlls in my path. This hasn't fixed the problem, though. g++ (and gcc)
>> still don't work. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling cygwin, to
>> no avail.
>>
>> I've attached a new "cygcheck -svr" output file.
>
> Your registry entries are still screwed:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0

  Ahhh, sweet sweet nostalgia....

  However, despite teh magnificence that once was b15, the presence of these
old keys should not be causing any problems with a modern dll.

  Darrell, are you running any of these apps (that have been shown to cause
problems with cygwin in the past)?

Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component

Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus or antispyware

Logitech webcam software with "Logitech process monitor" service

Kerio, Agnitum or ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall

Iolo System Mechanic/AntiVirus/Firewall

LanDesk

Windows Defender

Embassy Trust Suite fingerprint reader software wxvault.dll

   cheers,
      DaveK