Re: [Ping Python maintainer]: enhancement request

On 5/1/07, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 08:06:23AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
>OK.  Should I copy or make a hard link?

Before you do this, I have a question.  Why is this important now when you've
apparently been doing this for many years?  This isn't the only package which
makes symlinks to executables.  And, since, AFAIK, setup.exe doesn't understand
hard links it means that you really do have to make a copy.  If you make a copy
you stand the chance of having python.exe out of sync with the thing that it is
supposed to be pointing to.

You could avoid that particular problem by making a hardlink in a postinstall script, right?

Lev