Re: Setup.exe Problems on Vista

On 4/24/07, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Michael D. Adams wrote:
> On 4/23/07, Dave Korn <dave.korn AT artimi DOT com> wrote:
>> On 24 April 2007 00:19, Michael D. Adams wrote:
<snip>
>>   What's going on here could be related to security changes in the way
>> Vista
>> handles dll and executable search paths, perhaps, but that's fairly
>> speculative.
>>
>>   Which reminds me.  Isn't it about time this conversation had some
>> input from
>> cygcheck on the various systems involved?
>
> Do you just want a 'cygcheck -c' or is there another option you'd like
> the output from?

'cygcheck -srv', attached, not included, please.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here are the files with the output. Let me know if there are any tweaks to how I run these that you would like to see (e.g. running setup.exe with C:\cygwin\bin already in the path, etc.).

cygwin-510.txt: Fresh install with setup.exe version 2.510.
C:\cygwin\bin is *not* added to the path beforehand.  Ran cygcheck
from the windows cmd.exe in the C:\cygwin\bin directory.  Note that
cygcheck also emits to stderr "'id' program not found" twice.  (Adding
C:\cygwin\bin to the path while running cygcheck doesn't fix that
message.)

cygwin-562.txt: Same as cygwin-510.txt except that setup.exe version
2.562 was used.

Michael D. Adams