RE: Puzzling local share permissions problem with ssh sessions on Win2K3

On 27 April 2007 22:48, Shankar Unni wrote:

> I have a Win2K3 SP1 system, freshly installed with the latest bits, and
> sshd installed with privilege separation (using ssh_host_config).  The
> /etc/passwd has both local and domain users (in that order), as does
> /etc/group.

  And even better, you sent cygcheck output.  Excellent.

> I have a local shared directory c:\Views (shared as \\myhostname\Views).
> The problem is that when I log in as a domain user, and try to write
> something into \\myhostname\Views\, I get a permission denied error,
> even though I can do this successfully if I come in as that same user
> via Terminal Services.

cygcheck.out: CYGWIN = 'ntsec'

  Perhaps you need smbntsec as well?

"(no)smbntsec - if set, use ntsec on remote drives as well (default is
"nosmbntesc"). When setting "smbntsec" there's a chance that you get problems
with Samba shares so you should use this option with care. One reason for a
non working ntsec on remote drives could be insufficient permissions of the
users. The requires user rights are somewhat dangerous (SeRestorePrivilege),
so it's not always an option to grant that rights to users. However, this
shouldn't be a problem in NT domain environments."
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

    cheers,
      DaveK