Re: perl DBD::mysql under cygwin question

fungazid fungazid wrote:
Brian hello,

Thank you a lot, this specific problem is solved.

I used

1)./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql
--without-server
So you want no server...
2) make
3) make install
4) cd /usr/local/mysql/bin
5)./mysql -h 127.0.0.1

I tested mysql and it works. I still have some little problem with user access to mysql table that I'm
trying to solve (I guess it's a cygwin problem):

mysql> use mysql
Nope. At the point where you typed in mysql to the command prompt you left cygwin! You specified -h (for host) and 127.0.0.1 your loop back address. So you are trying to talk to your own machine as the server, which you just told it you didn't want one! Hint you might be able to specify -h <ip address of a real server> say a Linux server. Of course it'd need to be configured properly to allow you access, etc...
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'%'
to database 'mysql'
This is a number of problems. First there's no server because you told it not to do one. Secondly, assuming you did make a server here, there's no configuration setting up the mysql database. So there's no mysql database to consult to see if "admin" can access mysql databases! Further - are you really named "admin"? That's a strange name for a person like you.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I tried sniffing Coke once, but the ice cubes froze the end of my nose.