Re: Regarding the Cygwin Environment variables

Pandare, Prasad wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have installed latest cygwin software on windows XP.
>
> When I run C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat  file then I run following command from
> command prompt:
>
> Env
>

> I get whole set of environment variables those are there in windows
> operating system.
>
> But when I do ssh username@127.0.0.1 with correct password then it shows
> different set of environment variables.
>
> The JAVA_HOME,ANT_HOME,DB2TEMPDIR environement variables are no more
> seen.
>

> Please advise as why this is there.
>
> Is this bug in cygwin?
>
> What is alternative to this problem?

It is working as intended by the folks who bring you OpenSSH.  See the
previous discussions on this list and theirs if you want more details.
If you need more of your environment, the solution is to add whatever
variables you want to your shell rc file (.bashrc for 'bash') or to
another file and source it from there.

Holliston, MA 01746