RE: Mapping windows drives in cygwin?

On 24 April 2007 17:19, Jeff Hawk wrote:

>>> =========Keith
>>
>> I tryed the last method which will give me a drive letter and I get:
>> kmarkle@backup ~ $ net use y: \\winops-hq\c$
>> System error 67 has occurred.
>>
>> The network name cannot be found.
>>

>> kmarkle@backup ~
>> $ net use y: \\\\winops-hq\c$
>> System error 67 has occurred.
>>
>> The network name cannot be found.
>
> You're still missing a '\' before the \c$

  I believe /you/'re still missing the reply that already said that on Friday
and Kevin's "Thanks, that did it" response from Saturday last week.  Ah, the
joys of catching up with an email backlog.....
http://cygwin.com/acronyms#YSHFRTT!

  BTW, isn't "Navigon" the name of some evil robotic overlord from some
obscure anime?  Set in the far future, when humanity has been rendered weak
and enfeebled by our crippling reliance on technology and sat-nav to help us
do anything and go anywhere?

  I AM NAVIGON.... FEAR MY WRATH, WEAKLING HUMAN SCUM..... AT THE NEXT
JUNCTION, TURN LEFT AND PULL OFF THE ROAD AFTER THREE MILES....  YOU SHALL ALL
BE EXTERMINATED AND YOUR CARBON MATTER CONVERTED TO ENERGY PODS TO FEED MY
ETERNAL HUNGER....  EXPECT HEAVY TRAFFIC AND DELAYS OWING TO ROADWORKS
AHEAD....

    cheers,
      DaveK