Re: libusb-win32 auto-install?

On 4/22/07, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault***ens-lyon.org> wrote:
Hi,

Larry Hall (Cygwin), le Sun 22 Apr 2007 11:14:07 -0400, a Ãcrit :
> A good reason for this division is to allow for user input during the
> configuration step, which "setup.exe" doesn't have support for.

It doesn't need user input.

> If running your libusb-install is more like a configuration step,

It's not really configuration, it's really installation: the driver is
copied into C:\WINDOWS\... and a service is registered.

> I might also encourage leaving things as is if the running of the
> script requires a reboot to take affect.

Fortunately it doesn't.

> Depending on your what your safety concerns are, that might be another
> good reason to leave things as is.

Well, since we touch drivers, I'd prefer to leave as is. But since
at least one user asked for installation to be done automatically, I
preferred to ask for advice.

Thanks for the answer,
Samuel