Re: Setup.exe Problems on Vista

On 4/22/07, Brian Dessent <brian(a)dessent.net> wrote:
"Michael D. Adams" wrote:

> The workaround for this problem that I have found is to set the
> *Windows* path to include C:\cygwin\bin before running setup.exe.  So
> for example this sequence works:
>
> set PATH=C:\cygwin\bin;%PATH%
> setup.exe
[Snip]
That would be pretty brain dead if Vista did not allow programs to
modify the PATH.  That would cause about a million failures in Cygwin
and various programs.

its UAC - User Acess Control. users can change variables that belong to THEM. you can turn OFF UAC and run Setup.exe then as Administrator. thats what I do at school. we use some x tools for the science lab.

> OS: Vista Home Premium
> Setup.exe Version: 2.510.2.2 (run without administraitor permission)

run as Admin always.especially now because of the UAC stuff.

[Snip]

-- Morgan gangwere

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.