Re: Compiling apt on cygwin

Philip W. wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to compile apt on cygwin, but I get errors during the "./configure" stage of the process. The script says that it can't determine my glibc version number or my libstdc++ version number. It also spits out serveral errors that say "[make] *** Error 2". And then fails. I don't know if this is from not having the dependency programs installed, or if this is from incompatibility with cygwin. Any help would be appreciated.

Cygwin doesn't use glibc.  It is it's own C runtime.  You'll need to
look at the configure script test that's failing to see how it's
determining that glibc is not found and alter that check.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746