problems calling another program

I am trying to set it up so that I can easily start the windows gvim
(not the cygwin one) from cygwin.  I have two methods which mostly
work, but each one has a small problem.

Method #1:  function in my .bashrc
function mygvim2
{
   /d/vim/vim70/gvim.exe -u d:/vim/_vimrc  $(cygpath -w "$@") &
}

This function works fine, except that when I call it from rxvt, it
pulls up gvim behind my rxvt window, instead of switching to that
window.

Method #2: separate file I put an alias in my .bashrc file which says "alias vi=mygvim", and then I put this in the file mygvim: #! /bin/bash /d/vim/vim70/gvim.exe -u d:/vim/_vimrc $(cygpath -w "$@") &

This works as well (and switches to gvim as well).  The (minor)
problem is that each time I call it, I get this message in the BASH
window:
: command not foundgvim: line 2:

I know that this is nit-picking, but can anybody help me eliminate either of these two minor problems?