Re: Impossible to start sshd service on windows server 2003

On 3/9/07, Bertrand Gourraud wrote:
Hello,

Since a recent windows update of my windows 2003 server, my sshd service
does not start anymore. When I try to start the service "cygrunsrv -S
sshd" I get the following error:

cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.

I created this service using "ssh-host-config  -y" and the "CYGWIN=
ntsec tty". In addition following the openssh.README my "sshd_server"
user has the following user rights:
    Create a token object
    Logon as a service
    Replace a process level token

This service use to work for a year, but after some recent windows
security update I not able to start it anymore. I tried to uninstall
these updates but it didn't solved my problem.

Enclosed you will find my cygcheck.out file.

Best regards,
Bertrand.

--

Do you know which recent update caused the problems?

For example I have a Windows Server 2003 that runs sshd just fine.  It
has all of the Microsoft-released patches up to last month's patch
Tuesday releases.

I am attaching cygcheck and psinfo output so you can compare the
versions of stuff if you want.

-Jason