Re: script problem

Thanks for the kind advice.  I indeed installed rxvt.  I've noticed
that  rxvt does not save me much memory over XWin.  Approx 10MB (rxvt)
over 20MB (XWin).  No biggie.  Are there any other advantages of using
rxvt over XWin?  If so, what are they?

BTW, nobody has yet to suggest a solution to my original problems -
XWin won't die during Windows shutdown.