Re: Remove user access to local drives?

Francis wrote:
I am running a OpenSSH server for some friends on my machine, and I was hoping to disable access to /cygdrive (local drives.) Is there a way to prevent them from modifying any files also? this is intended just as a SSH tunneling method to get us around some Websense.

This ones up with some frequency.  The answer is you can't prevent the
user from going, seeing, and modifying in 'ssh' anything that they can go,
see, and modify in Windows.  So if you lock down the permissions of the
unwanted paths/files in Windows, your 'ssh' users will be restricted as
you want.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746