Re: cronjob + sed

linux1974 wrote:
Hi

How do you set up cronjobs with cygwin? If I want to run a script that uses
sed ( does thet standard sed that comes with cygwin supports /s /g etc
commands to manipulate a string or do I need to upgrade sed? )
and gets an input file from a windows directory and output a new file on
that directory?
Tried to look for crontab but couldn't find.
Thanks
I did this only a few weeks ago.

The cron stuff isn't normally included. Re-run the Cygwin setup.exe. Go to the Admin section,
expand it, and make sure you get it to send you everything from that section. You
will then be asked to include a couple of dependencies to which you should
"OK".

After that everything is pretty well as you would expect from a vanilla System V (did cron work
the same way in BSD?), except invoking the daemon. The latter I haven't quite worked out. I, myself,
invoke it (the cron daemon itself runs as a Windows "service", and it resides in /usr/slib/bin which wont be
in any usual PATH) from my .bash_profile (which is a bit silly). If I turn my machine off, as soon
as I invoke my first bash shell, the daemon starts - I suspect that I'm supposed to add it to the list
of Windows Services, but the thought of having to work out how to do that (in Windows), I find
a bit annoying - [ I hate dealing with my XP OS].

regards,

DleC