Re: FW: Re: [emacs_user@hotmail.com: ***MEMORY-ERROR***: emacs[5172]: GSlice: failed

Jan DjÃrv wrote:

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Thanks much for the details.  We do want to make things work correctly
but, if that just means some work in emacs source code, then someone who
is familiar with emacs will have to do that, i.e., someone else will
have to come up with the config.h.

OTOH, if someone could debug exactly why the error was occurring from
one of the above calls then maybe we could make cygwin work better,
too.  Again, this requires someone who has access to emacs source
and (presumably) knows how to use a debugger.

I got W32 and cygwin up on a (not so fast) spare box, so I'm looking in to it now. memalign is definitely the function failing, but something more is going on here, I can't yet reduce this to a more simple case.

Will keep trying though.

It seems that when Emacs defines its own malloc and friends, memalign returns ENOSYS. But emacs defines its own memalign as well. Shouldn't that one be called?

Jan D.