sshd + bash = crush on CRs

Hi, all!

After updating bash to newest version on my server I've met problems
with CR on my scripts. I've solved them with setting system variable
SHELLOPTS to 'igncr'. And now they work fine when I login to the server
via Terminal Services. But when I login to the server via sshd (last
version came with cygwin) it ignores all environment variables set in
the system - SHELLOPTS too. So I have all my CR problems again. I can't
put SHELLOPTS in my .bashrc or .bash_profile scripts because bash
complains it's readonly. And I can't move CR out of scripts because they
are checked out from CVS in one bunch with other text files that have to
be with windows CR-LF.
So where can I make my SHELLOPTS environment variable working in sshd
too?

Sincerely,
Pavel Ivanov