Re: ls not showing anything - sometimes

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> You have no basis for jumping on every potential cockpit error and claim
> it is YA occurrence of your problem.  I don't know what is causing your
> problem but the problem reported in this thread is likely to have been
> caused by exactly what I said.

Why on earth do you think I'm jumping on every problem as being my
problem? I have limited this discussion to one problem - my problem -
all along. Another poster mentioned having the same symptom. The *exact*
same symptomn - no output from ls. How is that jumping on every other
error and claiming it's mine?

How can it be caused by a missing package when I have used cygwin
successfully for years, have not removed or added any new packages in
months, and suddenly ls stops working? As stated before, all I have done
is applied the latest patches for already installed packages - namely
the cygwin dll itself. I have even tried reinstalling *every* package I
have. That has not worked either.

You're jumping on me like I haven't followed "the rules". I have
followed all the directions, read the FAQs, searched the archives,
posted cygcheck and strace output, and described *my* problem in detail.
What else am I supposed to do?