Re: Newly-installed bash 3.2.9-10 (cygwin 1.5.24-1) exits when I try to execute a program

Good morning.

I'm quite happy to find this thread - I thought I was the one who messed things
up... ;^)

I experience exactly the same problem : XP64, recently updated cygwin -> bash
exits with code 128 when trying to execute anything (except builtins, of
course). Same thing for gcc (tried from emacs too).

To answer a question that was asked in the "xp64 fails with latest download"
thread (which deals with the same problem) : I have only one cygwin1.dll file on
the system.

> Reverting to cygwin 1.5.23 worked.
> Is someone working to fix this, or is this an opportunity for me to submit a
patch?

If you have a patch working, pease go ahead. Reverting to 1.5.23 is not a patch,
but a workaround :-) Meanwhile, I'll stick with my good'ol'32-bit laptop...

By the way, in case it's a version consistency problem, what mirror are you
using ? I'm using ftp://mirror.cict.fr/ - nearest from home.

TIA

JMC