Re: 1.5.23 problem building gdal library

Fabien <funtazz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry for not have followed strictly all instructions. Thanks for your
> great help.

I didn't do anything other than tell you what you should have been able to
glean from the web.  Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but it is the little things
like not following directions that make me less inclined to sound polite in my
replies.  http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html explains this
quite succinctly: "What we are, unapologetically, is hostile to people who seem
to be unwilling to think or to do their own homework before asking questions.
People like that are time sinks â they take without giving back, and they waste
time we could have spent on another question more interesting and another
person more worthy of an answer."

> > > 'cygcheck -svr' output is attached.
> >
> > What part of plain text attachment did you not get?  Zipped output is much
> > harder for us to investigate from a mail reader.
>
> To send a big file in ML is disadvised, isn't it ?

Not when the DIRECTIONS at http://cygwin.com/problems.html, which I ALREADY
referred you to, state, in bold font:

 # Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment
in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just
attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed.

--
Eric Blake