Re: vim mlcscope interface issues

Just a update on the result of compiling cscope (which requires flex
and libncurses-devel).  The same error is gotten as that with
mlcscope:

cs_read_prompt EOF: No error

  E609: Cscope error:
  cscope: cannot read trailer offset from file cscope.out

I also tried cscope from the command line.  Without options, cscope
tends to update cscope.out even though there are no newer files.  This
means that if you don't specify non-C-filenames, it will find nothing,
and generate a rather empty cscope.out.  So cscope must be invoked
together with the source filenames e.g. for matlab files, "cscope
*.m".  In this case it properly regenerates cscope.out, even though it
isn't necessary, and even without the -u option.  In this, cscope
finds any searched-for symbols as expected.

One revealing result occurs when "cscope -d" is issued.  This should
force cscope to not regenerate the perfectly good cscope.out, which
may already exist from a preceding "cscope -b -u *.m" or "cscope *.m".
Instead of working as expected, cscope gives the same error as above:

cscope: cannot read trailer offset from file cscope.out

I have to call it quits for today.  I may pick it up again, or simply
revert to vimgrep.  Thanks for any feedback.

Fred