Re: Cygwin not functioning on laptop

std05073@di.uoa.gr wrote:
Which setup.exe should I use along with my downloaded packages (old as of
cygwin1.dll version 1.5.18) after the complete uninstallation (I did exactly
what is mentioned in the FAQ), the old one or the newest (which supports
cygwin1.dll version 1.5.23-2 )? Unfortunately the speed of my internet connection does not allow me to download
the latest packages right now. However, I am sure my cd-rom works since I used it
to install Cygwin (with the same packages) on my older PC half an hour ago
(cygwin works on it).

Newer is better but either should work in your case.

If the installation doesn't get you a working Cygwin, you need to look for
other buggy system software getting in the way.  This includes things like
virus scanners, firewalls, spyware, and even Logitech webcams, etc.  You'll
need to try uninstalling these to get things working and then re=install
until you find the problematic package.  Agnitum Outpost and Kerio firewall
products have specifically been implicated by users on this list and seem
to be popping up allot lately.

Holliston, MA 01746