Calling a cygwin binary from CreateProcess - problem with redirection

Hi,

I have no experience with cygwin, but I downloaded a Windows .exe which is a
unix program compiled for Windows with cygwin.  Several cygwin dll's are
included.

I can run this program from the DOS command line.
An example command line is:
c:\progra~1\freeli~1.4\analyzer -f data\config\en.cfg < c:\split.txt >
new.txt

But I would like to launch it from another Windows application - a graphic
interface I am writing for it, in fact.  However, when I supply the above
command line to the Windows CreateProcess function as the lpCommandLine
parameter, I get the error message
"CONFIG_OPTIONS: Error -11 parsing command line.
   unknown option '' at position 4 in command line"
ie. the redirection symbol <.  It doesn't matter whether or not there is a
space after the redirection symbol.

This is the same error message as produced when a commandline parameter
which is genuinely in error is supplied to the program, so it seems that the
combination of CreateProcess and cygwin is passing the redirection parameter
to the program in some mutated form, whereas it arrives correctly from the
command line.

Any ideas gratefully received.
Thanks,
Ciarán Ó Duibhín.