Re: Bash 3.1.17(9) $@ Expansion error

Hi Eric,

The mensioned problems are unique to cygwin. The $@ expansion error is not present in cygwin bash-3.0-14.tar.bz2

For re-preduction, see the Nov 6th email. The error prevents the CSSC-1.0.1 test suite from operating. On Linux, it runs through without any failures. Using bash-2.05 and bash-3.0-14, it gets to the -y admin flag tests before failing.

The memory issues are reported by a windows popup reporting that application sh.exe has tried to write to memory that it is not alowd to. It gives the instruction address and the memory address but I did not make a note of them as I was trying to prepare a system to alow me to do some work on somthing else. The system is an Intel system with WinXP Home. On my now defunct AMD XP Pro system, I had a number of sudden blue screens where I was unable to read any details before automatic reboot, that only occoured when using bash scripts under cygwin. The blue screens may just have been a coincidence as the IDE chip died. Having un-installed cygwin and gone back to a Feb 2005 release (bash 2.05) the issue is nolonger present. When I have the time, I will upgrade bash on its own to 3.0-14 and redo the test to see if it is a cygwin bash-3 issue or a cygwin core system error. If it is, I will note the details and pass them on.

The un-expected termination has no error messages, stack dumps or anything that I am aware of to aid in fault location/identification. It has only occoured when I have used bash in cygwin releases post November 6th. The issue has occoured on both the WinXP Pro and WinXP home systems.

Regards
	Mark Fortescue.