Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gcc-3.4.4-3

Oh, and one other thing:

It's my understanding that this change (to std::string) would
constitute an ABI change of the underlying C++/STL runtime library on
cygwin.  Thus, any C++ packages -- or at least, those that are NOT
compiled with -nostdlib -- would have to be recompiled (and version
bumped?) once a g++ with this change was promoted to curr:  Right?

Fortunately, there aren't many of these:

 (1) libncurses++ from ncurses
 (2) libpcrecpp from pcre -- which would actually benefit from this
     upgrade, as the current libpcrecpp is hit by the very bug
     fixed in g++*3.4.4-2 and -3.
 (3) xerces-c -- orphaned, I think, and it appears that no official
     package on sourceware requires: it.
 (4) groff -- but since it provides no libraries, and the C++/STL
     runtime is statically linked into the executable, this is
     no urgent matter
 (5) various octave stuff -- but octave already requires binary
     clients to use g++-3.4.4-2 IIRC, which means they are
     already on "this side" of the ABI change.
 (6) cygwin itself -- BUT cygwin1.dll is compiled IIRC with
     -nostdlib, so no worries there.