Re: bash longjmp issue

K Kafka wrote:
Hi all,

I have been looking around for a possible cause for my problem with
bash. I left a "tail -f" running for a few days. When I came back,
none of the service would run anymore (cygsrv, exim, sshd). After a
bit of researching I've come accross quite a few posts but nothing
concrete.

It seems that bash.exe is crashing with a WFSO longjmp error after the
5min timeout. Preventing everything else. From some posts, it seems it
could be coming from a device (webcam) or a software such as the
anti-virus. I have almost nothing installed on this machine aside from
MySQL and Tomcat5. Its a Xeon server running Windows 2003 server.

Here is the actual error for bash.
C:\cygwin\bin>      4 [main] bash 3376 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: ***
fatal error -  WFSO timed out after longjmp

Some people have been suggesting to try a rebaseall. Same thing
happens, I get two errors, a fhandler_base::fork_fixup immediately and
an WFSO longjmp error after 5 min.

Here are the errors:
C:\cygwin\bin>      4 [main] ash 1328 fhandler_base::fork_fixup:
/bin/rebaseall - Win32 error 5, handle io_handle<0x0>

C:\cygwin\bin>      4 [main] ash 1856 C:\cygwin\bin\ash.exe: *** fatal
error - WFSO timed out after longjmp

I've also updated cygwin to the latest version and reinstalled bash
and cygsrv. No changes, same errors.

If someone has an idea, please let me know. I'm at a loss and can't
figure what to do next.

Let's start here:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

You've given us some information about what you see and when but we're
missing allot of specifics about your configuration and a possible test
case (or cases).  I'd recommend any follow-up posting to this list
contain the additional information outlined at the above web page.

Holliston, MA 01746