Re: something goes wrong while compiling linux kernel under cygwin

As David said, I think you are trying to cross-compile the kernel on
the cygwin. and luckyly there is a post today about "crosstool-0.43 &
cygwin", I think it is what you want. and notice that you also need to
mount a directory using "-o managed", because on windows the name of
file and directory is none-case-sensitive. when mount directory with
that options, the name is case-sensitive. failed to do that will cause
the compiling error because of missing files.

actually, the crosstool already notice this, so when you installed and
select the gcc and kernel to compile, it will compile ok most of time
because it already skip the modules which can cause that problem.

Good luck

Regards,
Andy