Re: how to compile the .so to allow extern functions

Thanks Brain, thank you very much.
Your information is totally a guide to compile .so on the cygwin.

I ask this question because I just want to compile the asterisk 1.4
beta on the cygwin for fun, I don't care about the zaptel driver or
pstn connection, I just want the networking part of it, especially
chan_sip and dial-plan. I know it will be a huge project for me,  but
fun will make it easier and interesting. and I also can ask wired
questions on the list.

I don't dig deeply enough to it but from what I know currently the
architecture of asterisk is just dlopen, and all of its sub-systems
are wrapped into .so(linux), so for this special case I think it's
safe to keep the extension to .so because these library will be opened
only by dlopen.

also I found the following links from your tips:
ld and WIN32 (cygwin/mingw)
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/gnu-linker/win32.html
UNIX Application Migration Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnucmg/html/UCMGch09.asp