RE: Vista & coreutils (or any other package)

On 14 December 2006 15:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just FYI, I'd like to point you to this thread on the Microsoft Windows
> Vista developer forum:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1020271&SiteID=1&mode=1

  LOLs at microsfot.

> I didn't trust my eyes when I realized what happens.  The above thread
> is the result.
>
> Btw., how many packages actually have executables with the string
> "instal", "update" and "setup" in them?

  Dunno, but this is M$'s SOP.

  Make a copy of notepad.exe.

  Rename it to 'csrss.exe'.

  Launch it.

  Try and kill it in taskmanager.

  (Note to malware authors: now you know what names to choose for your next
viruses).

    cheers,
      DaveK