Re: Windows Vista and CygWin

Andrew@DeFaria.com wrote:
McArdle, Christian wrote:
This email message, including any attachments, may contain confidential and proprietary information for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying or dissemination of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify Brooks Automation, Inc. immediately by reply email or by calling Brooks US Headquarters at +1 978-262-2400. Then delete this message from your system, without making any copy or distribution. Thank you.
A word about your "signature" - it's just damn annoying to me. Aside from being way too long (and yes I know that often you have not control over it) it seems to attempt to have an air of legitimacy and legality to it that I don't believe carries any legal weight at all. It says that this is confidential and proprietary and that I cannot use the information contained therein legally. I'm sorry but to me sending an email out on the internet is akin to shouting in a public place. You have no legal rights to what was communicated in such circumstances, despite what the above attempts to claim.

If it does have any weight, it prohibits us from replying to your communication. But it seems more likely that your company policy prohibits you from using your e-mail system to post on a public list, as you have done. Don't you have access to a personal mail account?