Re: Help for debug and pause

Hi!

You could be talking about two different things, I'm not sure. If you mean pause
a running program from a command line then you use:

Ctrl-Z

If you use Ctrl-C, it quits the program. Once you've paused a program from the
command line, you type:

fg

Which brings it back to the foreground.

If you're debugging a program in gdb, then you use:

Ctrl-C

to pause execution at the current step. You can then execute any other gdb
commands. To resume debug execution you type:

or

cont

which starts debug execution going again.

For more info, type:

gdb

at the command line.  Then type:

help

for a listing of topics and:

help <desired-topic>

For help on a desired topic.

HTH:

thx,
Dave S.

wxMS_developers · Development with wxWidgets on MSWindows
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wxMS_developers/join

wxMS_developers RSS feed
http://rss.groups.yahoo.com/group/wxMS_developers/rss

wxWidgets Code Exchange
http://wxcodex.net/

-- On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:10:34 -0800 (PST) sitha wrote --