Setting vim to nocompatible by default in Cygwin

Hi there,

After some discussion with Matt Wozniski I've come to the conclusion that the default global config file for vim (/usr/share/vim/vimrc) included with Cygwin differs quite importantly from the ones included in other UNIX-like operating systems like Linux or Mac OS X (and yes, I know Cygwin is not an OS...)
The key difference is that Cygwin does not set the "nocompatible" flag by default, something the other two OSs do. This results in old style vi-like behavior when editing with vim, which I personally feel is undesirable.
I would therefore suggest to include the "nocompatible" flag set by default when installing Cygwin.

Thanks,

Carles