gpgme

I saw the reference to "gpgme" with some misleading (to me) version
number, such as 1.1.2, tacked on and said it was in ...somewhere like
../cygwin/ports. ......

The the real version number is 1.0.3 for the latest stable, but I
guess cygwin rules/convention requires a different numbering system???

Hearing that gpgme has a port I executed  setup.exe and searched for
gpgme, but it is not there (or I can't find it alphabetically).

Any notions?