1.5.22: Man pages show escape codes

Hello,

For some reason I can't figure out, whenever I try and view man pages, I see the escape codes for formatting markup instead of the actual formatting.

For example: when I type "man cygwin", I see this:

INTRO(3) Cygwin INTRO(3)

ESC[1mNAMEESC[0m
      ESC[1mintro ESC[22m- Introduction to the Cygwin API

ESC[1mDESCRIPTIONESC[0m
ESC[1mCygwin ESC[22mis a Linux-like environment for Windows

I don't know why this is happening nor can I figure out how to fix it. I see colors properly in shell text everywhere else I'm supposed to; i.e. directory listings and other console application output.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for fixing this, I'd appreciate it! Attached is the output from cygcheck.

Thanks,

Joe