Re: 1.5.22: Error from anything using the cygwin dll

Mikkel Erup wrote:
I get a message box with the following error trying to run any cygwin program:

The instruction at "0x6100365f" referenced memory at
"0x006ada90".
The memory could not be "written".

id.exe, bash.exe etc. All of them produce the error.
Somtimes, like 1 out of 50 or less a program will succeed.
For example I just ran uname from a windows command window
and it worked the first time, then failed several times.
Sometimes the cygwin.bat script will start the bash shell and not
show the above message box. In that case the first lines read
"5 [main] bash 3316 dll_crt0_1: internal error: couldn't
determine location of thread function on stack. Expect signal
errors.".
Any commands from the bash shell will still produce the error
message box described above, though.
The setup program didn't succeed normally either because ash.exe
and bash.exe crashed showing the message box described earlier.
If I boot into safe mode cygwin works but not if I boot into
safe mode with network.
I tried killing all processes not vital to running Windows as
well as stopping all services. Cygwin programs kept producing the error, though.
Output from cygcheck -s -v -r is attached.

That's because the installation is not complete.  As you describe it,
it's a chicken'n'egg thing.  Perhaps removing '/bin/sh' (if it exists)
and making it a copy of '/bin/bash' will allow 'setup.exe' to finish?

Holliston, MA 01746