Re: Installation problem(?) for grace

moka@hol.gr wrote:
> I need to port a linux application to windows. The main issue
> is the graphics, for which I use a system call to gracebat. So since the
>  windows machine cannot be on the internet, I downloaded cygwin to a flash
> drive
> and then copied it and istalled it from the local(flash) directory. Apparently
> most of it works, but grace does not.

You neglected to give any information regarding your setup, see:

but I might hazard a guess that you're seeing this problem:

<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-10/msg00354.html>

luckily this is solved by using a newer Imagemagick.

  Volker

> I did run /bin/rebaseall and then rebooted. While I can do
> from the dos command line
> cat myfile.dat
> and that works fine, when I do
> grace
> or
> gracebat myfile.dat -hdevice JPEG -printfile gracetest.jpg
>
> I get no error, but no result either.(that is return value is 0 as it should,
> but no result)
>
> Although the grace bz2 file is some 1.43M, the grace and gracebat executables
>  are only 37bytes!

No, it's a link:

$ ls -l `which grace`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 quetschke Users 32 Jul 27 12:10 /usr/bin/grace ->
/usr/share/grace/bin/xmgrace.exe*

> So it looks like this is an installation problem.
> But I removed grace and gracebat.exe fron /bin and reinstalled
>   and I still get the same thing. Any ideas?

[snip unknown stuff]