Re: DLL problems on fresh install

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Since you said you searched the machine for another cygwin1.dll, but the
> above message is quite clear, I'm wondering if you have some 3PP software
> on your machine which installed a cygwin1.dll under another name
> together with their 3PP stuff (obfuscating rulez).  Did you really search
> everywhere?  Even in C:\Windows?

If you do encounter a renamed Cygwin DLL you can use Process Explorer's
handle search feature to find the DLL in a snap, assuming that the 3PP
DLL is resident (which it seems like it would have to be in order to get
that error.)  Just search for "cygwin1S4.shared" or some other fragment
of the handle filename used for the shared region and it should show all
Cygwin processes.

Brian