Re: pkg-config.exe problem

Renà Berber <r.berber <at> computer.org> writes:

> gedeon.legaut wrote:
>
> > I working with cygwin installed from www.cygwin.com and glade installed
> > from www.gladewin32.sourceforge.net and I have a pb with pkg-config.exe :
> >
> > *) pkg-config.exe --cflags gtk+-2.0 gives
> >
> > Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
> > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
> >
> > *) echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH gives
> >
> > /cygdrive/f/GTK/lib/pkgconfig
> [snip]
>
> Try "pkg-config --debug --cflags gtk+-2.0"
>
> BTW I'm using version 0.20 of pkg-config and it works fine.

I can not belive it!!! I had almost the same problem, example:
pkg-config --modversion gdk-2.0
delivered a message that pkg-config is unable to find gdk-2.0.pc in the search
path PKG_CONFIG_PATH ... although the right path was included there!

After examing the output of "pkg-config --debug --cflags gtk+-2.0" I wondered
that it searches for gtk+-2.0.pc on an alternative path starting with "c:\...",
so I reviewed my definidion of PKG_CONFIG_PATH and defined everywhere
fully-qualified paths, each one starting with drive letter
"c:\mydirs\..\pkgconfig". For the first this also did not funtion, so I
seperated the paths not with ':' but with semicolons ';' and enclosed the whole
string for PKG_CONFIG_PATH in "..." !!! This functioned finally, and pkg-config
works now! So to everyone trying to investigate into pkg-config and cygwin ...
forget this shit and do your work seriously in a real unix/linux environment!
cheers!