Re: Need Help Identifying X based packages

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Bryan wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Bryan Dunphy wrote:
I need to install a CLI only version of cygwin. How can I identify X based packages so as not to accidentally install them?

Don't install those in the X category in 'setup.exe'.

I tried that, it still installed some parts of X

Like?

You can always look at 'setup.ini' to find out who depends on X stuff.
If you're just getting the base X server and friends, that doesn't
occupy allot of space (a few MBs I believe).  If you're getting X apps
though, well then that's a different story. ;-)

there are files under /etc/X11, and /usr/X11R6/ (including a bin directory) I can post a complete directory listing if you want.